Re: db mess

On Sun, Jun 06, 1999 at 05:43:51PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:

> Yes you should! :-)

Next week, promised. Have some math stuff to do very urgently...

> Anyway, the bug is in libc.  The conversion of the open flags given to
> dbopen is indeed not done in the right way.

Ah cool. Is a similar bug in the other db sources, like gdbm, db and db2
(external, not glibc)? Well, maybe I can check myself when I see your
patch...

> It is easy to solve but
> there is one other issue that I want to resolve before posting the
> patch.  The good news is that recompilation of tsort is not
> necessary.  Once the bug in libc is fixed tsort will magically start
> working.

'though recompiling tsort would be faster than recompiling glibc :)

> By the way, the next release of the GNU textutils will contain a tsort
> (written by me, plug, plug) that doesn't depend an Berkely DB.

Ah, nice. Currently, our tsort comes from bsdutils. I will file a bug report
to use the GNU tsort instead the bsd one when we update textutils in the
distribution. BTW, the tsort from util-linux also doesn't need db. But I had
other problems with it *sigh*

Thanks for looking into this,