Re: Hurd technical questions (Mach, SMP, etc)

From: Mark Kettenis <kettenis@wins.uva.nl>
Subject: Re: Hurd technical questions (Mach, SMP, etc)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 21:38:14 +0100 (CET)

> At this moment GNU Mach does not support SMP.  I believe OKUJI
> Yoshinori has been working on getting SMP (from OSF Mach 3) into
> GNU Mach, but I don't know if he's been successful.

  No, I'm not working on it. UCHIYAMA Yasushi did the most important
part (probing the number of cpus, starting up them, handling IPIs,
etc.), but I'm afraid that he is not working on it any more. If
someone is interested in SMP and has a MP machine (I don't have one
yet), please contact him. The patch he did may be available from the
/gnu/hurd/contrib directory at alpha.gnu.org.

OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^
http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (in English)     m /