Re: Hurd technical questions (Mach, SMP, etc)

> I have done some work on this.  I added multiboot support to OSF Mach
> (which is relevant if you want to run the Hurd on top of OSF Mach on
> the ix86), did some work to add the extensions to GNU people made to
> their version of MiG to the OSF version.  Here is a list of things I
> think need to be done to get the Hurd run on OSF Mach:

So I take this to mean you have osfMach sources which compile, build, and
run on x86? If so, I would very much like to get ahold of this, and try
the latest MkLinux linux server with it.

I've managed to build the ode tools for osfmach and build osfMach on x86,
but, it won't boot completely. (on a Pentium II 450) I haven't had time to
pursue this any further. The MkLinux people might be interested in the
extensions to MiG..

| Troy Benjegerdes    |       troy@microux.com     |    hozer@drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.gnu.org   |