Re: 19990312 Debian GNU/Hurd status

 MB> * Marcus [...] tries to get more people in the boat by hand
 MB> holding people on IRC and by email installing the Hurd.

Since you mentioned it first:

* Gordon has looked all over Regina, and finally found a lab of 12
  Pentium machines that are operated by somebody who wants to learn
  more about free software.  He's also become active in the local
  Linux user's group (http://www.losurs.regina.sk.ca/).

  On Monday, these two involvements will meet, when he and the other
  LOSURS volunteer to install Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 on 4 of the 12
  machines.  This lab will be open to the public, and soon several
  machines will be triple-boot between the existing Windows 95, the
  new Debian GNU/Linux, and Debian GNU/Hurd.

Many people here are excited about the Hurd, and I am sure that a
public GNU lab will produce some terrific results.  If anybody out
there wants some encouragement with getting such a lab started in your
own city, or has some good ideas for me, please don't hesitate to
contact me.

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)