grub

hi all,
we finally got GRUB up and working. Sorry for the confusion about
PIIs. The problem was in the version of ld and objcopy. RedHat 5.0 is
shipped with binutils-2.8.1-0-1 and RH5.2 is shipped with
binutils-2.9.1.0.15-1. If we configure and make GRUB with binutils-2.9.1,
and make a GRUB boot floppy and try to boot it the system checks the boot
record of the floppy and reboots, whereas it works fine when configured
and made using binutils-2.8.1. any ideas why GRUB doesn't work with the
newer version of binutils. btw we are using grub-0.5.

hope this is of help

vasisht

vaibhav

              Life's unfair - but root password helps!