Re: / -> /usr symlink

> As Marcus pointed out, there will be problems with some Debian
> packages which depend on / and /usr being separate directories.
> I, personally, would like to keep the symlink, and fix the problems
> that come up.

I disagree here (nb - I am not a compsci). I think to begin with we should
have the /usr dichotamy, with the intention to change it later, when hurd
no longer has to worry so much about being linux compatible.

> Making / and /usr separate directories will introduce problems, too,
> so I'd rather side with the GNU standards on this issue.

No - I'd rather solve these problems right now.

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support