Re: Hurd documentation roadmap

> hello
>
> in the new year. Let's hope 1999 will become the breakthrough in Hurd
> development.
>
> Some notes about the documentation:
>
> Web pages
> ---------
>
> I found that in the current Hurd pages important and unimportant
> information, outdated and actual are mixed somewhat randomly. So I felt
> it was necessary to have a completely new structure. I made two
> prototypes for a new structure which can be viewed at
> http://chianti.philosophie.uni-stuttgart.de/~matthias/hurd. Please take
> a look at them and comment. The pages are not fully-working, some links
> do not work. They are rather intended to discuss structure and design
> issues.

I quite like the "all in one" page; it compactly does an overview that answers
the questions:

"What is Hurd, and why would I care?"

(With all the free software projects out there, these are quite legitimate
questions.)

You might want to "steal some material" from:
<http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/osmk.html> on microkernels, and
<http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/oshurd.html> on Hurd.
--
Christopher B. Browne, cbbrowne@hex.net, chris_browne@sabre.com