Re: header problem and linker script problem

On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 05:31:16PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
>    From: kunihiro@zebra.org
>    Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 23:12:15 +0900 (JST)
>
>    Hmm. OK I think there is no problem about our gcc's setup.  The reason
>    of library search fail is due to glibc's libc.so setup installation.
>
> Note that the problems are caused because we're cross-compiling.
> In the ideal case the glibc installation process would install an
> additional linker script in a directory that is searched by the
> cross-compiler only with contents
>
>    GROUP ( @install_root@/lib/libc.so.0.2 \
>            @install_root@/lib/libc_nonshared.a )

I did not make myself clear enough: I have exactly this setup you describe.
And it is working _most of the time_. The reason I wrote the mail was that
it was failing when cross compiling ncurses, while it is working in all
other cases I encountered yet. Isn't that strange?

Thank you,