Re: header problem and linker script problem

   From: kunihiro@zebra.org
   Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 23:12:15 +0900 (JST)

   Hmm. OK I think there is no problem about our gcc's setup.  The reason
   of library search fail is due to glibc's libc.so setup installation.

Note that the problems are caused because we're cross-compiling.
In the ideal case the glibc installation process would install an
additional linker script in a directory that is searched by the
cross-compiler only with contents

   GROUP ( @install_root@/lib/libc.so.0.2 \
           @install_root@/lib/libc_nonshared.a )

off course with @install_root@ replaced with the correct dir.  I have
created one for myself in the cross-compiler private directory (the
one that contains cc1 and the specs file, in my case
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-unknown-gnu0.2/2.8.1/libc.so).  But I don't know
if this works with Gordon's cross-compiler hack.

Take a look at the output of

   $ i386-unknown-gnu0.2-gcc --print-file-name=

(with i386-unknown-gnu0.2 replaced by the canonical host type you use)
if that prints a directory that is different from the unix directory,
it should be perfectly safe to put your modified linker script there.

Note that you want the libc.so linker script that is causing you
troubles now later when you compile natively!

Mark