Re: Hurd worries

On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 04:15:19PM +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Will doing the install grub from a floppy bit (onto the second hard disk)
> screw up my linux install? if so, how do I make it bootable multi-user
> from lilo?

Dunno... I use a boot disk :)

> How do I unshadow my passwords, and get hurd using them?

Under Debian:

shadowconfig off
cp /etc/passwd /gnu/etc/passwd
shadowconfig on

> where can I find router and gateway info from on my linux install?
> will hurd leave my old linux partitions alone If I put them in /etc/fstab,
> or will it try and hurd-ify them?

It will not try to hurdify it. Better not auto mount it. At least with the
old gnu-0.2 distribution I had some trouble with linux partitions. Can't say
anything specific about it, it is too long ago.