Re: planning to port perl, plip, ppp

   Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:20:29 -0500 (EST)
   From: John Tobey <jtobey@channel1.com>

   Projects which particularly interest me are:

      1. Make Perl use Hurd's threads if it doesn't already, and write
	 Perl modules for doing IPC, VM, etc.

Just wanted to let you know that I have successfully compiled Perl
5.005.02 on my Hurd system, and that I am in the process of submitting
the necessary patches to the Perl maintainers.  I'm also working on
getting the defaults selected by the Configure script right on the
Hurd.  (Right now some of the defaults have to be changed to compile
sucessfully).

Mark