Hmm...more hurd probs

Hi again,

	Some progress has been made - I got the thing booted, and ran bash
;)

then /bin/sh /SETUP (and reboot)

then manually bring up system again, and try setting up the network, &c.

Firstly, setting up the terminal info - emacs complains about using a dumn
terminal, which is solved by
TERM=pc3; export TERM
but it then segfaults :( - so I guess I'll do that from linux.

Then, before leaving, try setting up the network. This involves reading
the configs from /etc/
(is gateway and stuff all in /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf?)
on the linux partition. So I make some devices
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV fd0 hd0a hd0b hd0c hd0d
and I can mount things:
settrans /linux /hurd/ext2fs /dev/hd04
(yes I did mkdir /linux)
but trying to cd /linux gets:
hd0: No BSD or Mach label found
/dev/ext2fs: /dev/hd0d: (os/device) no such device

To explain - hda4 is my linux partition (though it is the second on the
disk - go figure), but trying to mount hd0a thro hd0d produces the same
effect :(

Also will installing GRUB from floppy screw my lilo setup (which is on
hda),  or will that be safe? and I guess I need to change lilo to let me
boot /dev/hdb1 as well....

can I just copy /etc/passwd from the linux partition (uses shadow
passwords)?

Oh, and linux now moans about an unchecked partition when I mount the herd
one :(.

Thanks for the time,

Matthew

--