Aw: Re: Bad LIF Image Error on Install for C8000 and J6750

Hello Jawahar,

> I'm pretty sure you didn't burned the CD correctly.

No, you probably did burn it correctly!

> I just downloaded this ISO myself:
> http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian-cd/hppa/debian-7.0-hppa-NETINST-1.iso
> burned it on Linux with k3b to a CD-RW disc and then booted it from this CD-RW on a J5000 without problems.

In the meantime I inserted the same CD into one of my rp5470 machines and tried to boot it, and it failed like this:
Boot IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 2
IPL error: bad LIF magic.
Error Reading IPL

The only obvious difference between the J5000 and the rp5470 is, that the J5000 has an IDE CD-ROM drive, while the rp5470 has a SCSI DVD-ROM drive.
So I tried to burn the same ISO image to a "Verbatim DVD+RW" instead of a "CD-RW" disc, and the DVD disc booted sucessfully then :-)

So, I assume that if a HP machine has a DVD-drive, you need to burn the image to a DVD-disc.
Can you try to burn the same image to a DVD instead of a CD since your C8000 and J6750 most likely have a DVD drive...?

Helge