Re: debootstrap from parisc-linux.org

On 04/27/2013 05:21 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Will Deacon <will <at> willdeacon.co.uk> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure it's possible to debootstrap from multiple archives, but I'll
>
> debootstrap can’t do that; multistrap can. We currently have the
> same problem on m68k, although using proper Debian-Ports unstable
> and unreleased distributions, not some third-party site.

Actually, parisc-linux.org is not a "third-party" side.
Dave and myself would like to upload our hppa packages to debian-ports,
but haven't received any answers from the administrator there yet...
(I assume it's Aurelinen?).

> As for InRelease files: delete them,

Good to know.

> Feel free to ask me directly about things like Debian-Ports, [...]

Basically I do have one question:
How can we get our packages to debian-ports? That would be the easiest
solution and debootstrap should then work, right?
(The current hppa-packages on debian-ports will render your box
unusable anyway, since the hppa udev package there has a bug).

Helge