Re: debootstrap from parisc-linux.org

On 16-Apr-13, at 7:14 PM, Will Deacon wrote:

Hi guys,

After discovering the joy that is the debian-ports archive, I saw a recent
post on this list which suggested using ftp.parisc-linux.org instead:

Actually, you should use ftp.parisc-linux.org in addition to what's on ports. What's on ftp.parisc-linux.org
is far from complete but it's a huge step forward.

 http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2013/03/msg00002.html

Unfortunately, since I'm interested in a fresh install rather than an
upgrade, debootstrap doesn't like the layout of the mirror because the
Release/InRelease files don't sit under dists, which is hardcoded all over
the debootstrap sources:

$ sudo debootstrap --verbose --no-check-gpg --arch=hppa --foreign unstable . ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/debian-ports/unstable
I: Retrieving InRelease
I: Failed to retrieve InRelease
I: Retrieving Release
E: Failed getting release file ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/debian-ports/unstable/dists/unstable/Release

Would it be possible to shuffle things around on the mirror please? It'd be
great to have something recent working again, as I'm still on Sarge...

At the moment, I don't think we have an InRelease file. I also don't know how we would generate or maintain it. However, it's probably needed if we are going to get a buildd going again. Maybe Helge
knows how to do this.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net