Re: PARISC Linux website and status update

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:03:57 pm John David Anglin wrote:

snipped

> > 	My RP5470 would probably make a reasonable buildd. I doubt my ADSL
> > link would
> > cope with the traffic. My electricity bill would go through the roof
> > too.
>
> It would.  Could be used for heating in Canada ;)
>
> > 	If anyone has a solution please shout. I am in southern Australia
> > post code
> > 3024. I DONT want to move this box very far, there is a reason it
> > only cost
> > me $60AUD :-)  (70kg)
>
> Perhaps, ask Alan Modra (binutils maintainer) assuming you are
> somewhere near Adelaide.
>
> Dave
> --
> John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net

Hi Dave et al,

	I _have_ used my RP5470 as a heater, in the middle of winter it will keep
this room about 5 degrees C warmer. It spent most of last winter chewing on
Seti@home by way of something useful to do. This is how I found out about the
power bill :-(.

	I am nowhere near Adelaide, that city is about an 8 hour drive from here. I
am about 40 minutes from the city of Melbourne in the state of Victoria.

Cheers,

Geoff.