Re: debootstrap from parisc-linux.org

On 23-Apr-13, at 6:30 PM, Will Deacon wrote:

That's it so far. I do see a bunch of these warnings, but I'm not sure how
serious they are:

 dpkg: warning: ignoring pre-dependency problem!
 [...]
 libslang2 pre-depends on multiarch-support
   multiarch-support is not installed.

multiarch-support  is part of eglibc.  See
http://packages.debian.org/sid/multiarch-support

The toolchains for parisc now support multiarch and most libraries, for example, are now in /usr/lib/hppa-linux-gnu. Ditto for includes. There is still some stuff
in the old locations.

So, I think you need to pull in multiarch-support somehow. This happened rather naturally doing incremental updates. It was a pain wrt the compiler
tools for awhile.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net