Re: install/update/upgrade dance

John David Anglin <dave.anglin <at> bell.net> writes:

> I think I know what's happening.  Wheezy was released last weekend and
> many new source packages
> have been uploaded to unstable.  In particular, eglibc is now at
> 2.17-1.  locales will be 2.17-1 since it

Right.

> is built for all.  However, the latest eglibc build for hppa is
> 2.13-38.  Try appending "=2.13-38" to eglibc
> packages in your install list.

There’s something better you can do.

ⓐ Install locales-all, which Provides: locales and is Arch: any

ⓑ Use /etc/apt/preferences like this:

root@aranym:~ # cat /etc/apt/
preferences

Package: glib-networking-common
Pin: version 2.32.3-1~m68k.1
Pin-Priority: 1001

Package: locales
Pin: version 2.13-38+m68k.1
Pin-Priority: 1001

ⓒ Talk to other Debian-Ports using people ☺

bye,
//mirabilos (Hat: m68k builder)