Re: install/update/upgrade dance

On 11-May-13, at 9:29 AM, John David Anglin wrote:

On 10-May-13, at 11:15 PM, Geoff wrote:

Helge et al,

I have reached the point where I want to download, build and install a new kernel from "unstable" prior to doing a full upgrade. At this point the process is breaking down on a circle of dependencies involving locales, libc6 and dpkg-dev. /etc/apt/ sources.list has been amended as recommended.

If you do "apt-get install locales libc6 dpkg-dev", what happens? If you continue to add missing packages to the install list, can you resolve the dependency circle? The packages to do this should
be there.

I think I know what's happening. Wheezy was released last weekend and many new source packages have been uploaded to unstable. In particular, eglibc is now at 2.17-1. locales will be 2.17-1 since it is built for all. However, the latest eglibc build for hppa is 2.13-38. Try appending "=2.13-38" to eglibc
packages in your install list.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net