Re: New install on HP C3750

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Paolo Borsa <samvise@hobbiton.it> wrote:

Hi,

> Ok, this is the story. Now for the questions.
> - How to use, without hanging, the 64 bit kernel?
> - is there a mirror available, or if I want a package the only way is to
> download the source and make it myself?

Debian no longer supports PA-RISC. That's why you won't find it on
mirrors, since lenny (Debian 5.0) has been phased out and is no longer
supported. That's also why you can't netinst 5.0 anymore.

> - I suspect the cd/dvd reading problems are connected to some ide/dma issue.
> Any way to fix it with kernel parameters?
> - Is there a way to print strings on the front lcd?

echo "string" > /proc/pdc/lcd (as root) will print on the top line of
the LCD, iirc.

HTH

--
Thibaut VARENE