Re: Moving alpha and hppa architectures to debian-ports.org

--On Tuesday, July 05, 2011 12:31:02 PM -0400 Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Alpha and HPPA porters,

Thanks to the DSA team, we now have a new machine with plenty of
available space to run debian-ports.org. I have already started to copy
the data, and I hope to be able to do the final migration during the
next week-end (30th April / 1st May). I'll create the Alpha and HPPA
archive at the same time, so that we can start moving these
architectures during the week after.

Thank you for helping out!

In this post: http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/05/msg00012.html,
you write: "nobody answered my emails", but here you wrote "and got a
few responses", could you please clarify?

In order to prepare this move, I would need a few informations:
- A place/way to fetch all the .deb that have to be import with the
 corresponding .changes.
- List of persons who need to have access to the wanna-build interface.
 If some of them are not DD, please also provide mail/login/ssh key.
- List of persons who should be able to upload packages to the archive
 with the corresponding GPG keys (that should include buildds
 maintainers).
- List of emails to be used as a contact point for alpha/hppa buildds
 and alpha/hppa related things.
- List of buildds with their IP, SSH key and mail address.

I already asked all of that recently and got a few responses, but I
would prefer if one single person per architecture can work on that, and
send me a summary (preferably a signed mail from a Debian Developer).
It's easier than having to process individual requests.

I had not noticed that this part of the request, i.e. that the response
be signed by a Debian Developer.  I am not sure if this has happened for
alpha, but there are several of us that are working on getting a working
buildd environment.  Aurelian, if you still need this please let us know
and we, us alpha types, will make it happen.

Is there anyone that has stepped up to be a coordinator for hppa in
debian-ports?

The reason I'm asking is because I have critical glibc patches for
debian-hppa that should fix serious userspace SIGEV_THREAD problems
and I'm trying to figure out how to get those into debian-ports for
hppa.

Comments?

I can't comment for hppa.

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister
Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University