Re: HPPA and Squeeze

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 05:13:44PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:01:31AM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > This one time, at band camp, dann frazier said:
> > > Are we still having random segfaults on paer? If so - that's be a good
> > > one to resolve. Not sure if DSA would be willing to grant (heh) you
> > > access to that box, or if we should try running a dummy buildd on
> > > another rp2470.
> >
> > We're running paer on a uniprocessor kernel right now, and I believe the
> > segfaults have mostly gone away (although buildd should chime in if I'm
> > not remembering right - they will see more of the machine than I do).
> > That being said, if the porters and buildd people are happy to put the
> > SMP kernel back on and give him access, DSA have no objection.
>
> Ah - well if paer is running stably, then maybe a less invasive option
> would be to setup duplicate hardware and run a buildd that uploads to
> /dev/null. I have an rp2470 (same hw is paer) we could probably setup
> for that.

I'm all for less invasive/disruptive option and have the HW available.

Dann pointed "jsw" at me and I'll set jsw up with full remote
access to the HW. jsw said he would setup a buildd on the HW
that I manage. If we can reproduce the problem great. If not,
even better and it will be just a matter of getting the same
kernel (or equivalent) onto paer or other official hppa buildd machine.

thanks!
grant