Re: open issues with the hppa port

(trimming down the CC-list...)

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Carlos
O'Donell<carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Thibaut VARENE <varenet@debian.org> wrote:

>> It's also relatively easy to setup a local w-b database fed with
>> proper quinn-diff input (using Sources.gz / Packages.gz to extract the
>> missing packages).
>>
>> I have scripts that do exactly that, if you want to explore that way.
>
> Can you please document how you do this? I have an sbuild running on
> my A500 and it would be beneficial for me to be able to automate the
> sbuild process in the *same way* that debian does.

This is not gonna be exactly the *same* way, since you're not
connected to the debian w-b db. What my script does is that it
emulates the process by extracting the differences between the source
packages and the binary packages to figure out which ones need to be
built. If you want to trigger a full rebuild of the archive, it's easy
(just pretend that the binary package list is /dev/null).

You're not gonna be hooked to incoming.d.o (where new packages get
uploaded) but it's not so bad already. I believe this could be an easy
way to get started.

Attached is a slightly simplified version of the script I use. It will
probably need some adjustment on your side, read it carefully. It
might look familiar to LaMont, as it's based on his teachings ;-)

It depends on wget, quinn-diff and wanna-build being properly installed.
It needs to be run as the user who owns the wb db (usually "buildd").

After the script has run, the wb db is populated with a list of
packages and their associated state, and the buildd can then pick
outdated packages (that needs to be built) from it, given proper
configuration in buildd.conf.

If it's not clear enough, I'll walk you through the setup on IRC in
the next couple days.

HTH

--
Thibaut VARENE