Re: Badness at arch/parisc/kernel/smp.c:323

Hi

On Fri, 15 May 2009 12:36:31 +0200
Thibaut VARENE <varenet@debian.org> wrote:

> Do not remove the mailing list from the CC field, this conversation is
> of interest to others.

That was not intentional.

> >> I've seen that too. Do you have any add-on PCI network card in that
> >> box? It seems that the current debian kernel has bugs with some
> >> network drivers. Loading tg3 or tulip drivers with such network
> >> cards in the PCI slots will trigger a High Priority Machine Check
> >> (what you saw here). If you don't want to bother too much, I'd
> >> suggest installing etch and then upgrading to lenny, sticking to
> >> the etch kernel until you can build your own kernel.
> > I have two PCI network cards. Both
> > 18:00.0 Ethernet controller: Digital Equipment Corporation DECchip
> > 21142/43 (rev 41)
> > and use the tulip driver for them.
>
> if you want to boot with the lenny installer, i believe your only
> option is removing those two addon cards and use the onboard network
> (which shouldn't be affected by the bug).

The installation from the network install cdrom was not the problem.
>From the cd environment i could use all my netowork cards without
problems. The kernel boots also without problems.

I go to build a new kernel and try them.

Thanks

Berndg

--
Bernd Gietzelt <berndg@fsim-ev.de>