Re: HPPA and lenny

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Matt Taggart <taggart@debian.org> wrote:

> A c100 is _really_ slow and probably wouldn't be able to keep up as a
> buildd.

I've already offered countless times (it's in the m-l archive) to
provide buildd power from the ESIEE cluster (see
http://www.fr.parisc-linux.org/cluster.html), which is also used by a
bunch of DD to fix hppa problems. Granted, this cluster currently has
some hw issues which I'm trying to fix (hopefully with the help of
some folks in the US ;-)

> The real problem is that no one is fixing hppa kernel problems. I don't see
> much point in keeping the archive up to date if nobody is working on fixing
> the kernel (not currently and I suspect not in the future either). This has
> been stated on the debian-hppa list several times over a long period and in
> that time no one (AFAIK) has stepped up to work on it.

Sad but true, though I wouldn't say that "no one" is working; the
linux-parisc m-l shows "some" activity from a couple of developers
(Kyle McMartin, Helge Deller, to name a few)

Cheers,
T-Bone

--
Thibaut VARENE