Re: hppa release status

(No need to CC me. Thx.)

On Tuesday 17 June 2008, you wrote:
> What I meant is, that it would be nice if we would have stable hppa
> lenny release in time. If that's not possible due to important bugs, it
> would be nice to get there either with a respin of lenny (is this
> possible?), or with the successor of lenny again.

Respin: no. An architecture is either in or out for a release.

Get back in: IMNSHO it will prove to be _much_ harder to get back in a
next release than to stay in Lenny. Main reason: the majority of Debian
Developers will completely stop caring about the port as it no longer
blocks their packages from migrating to testing if there are issues.

IMO the commitment, effort and involvement are needed _now_, not later.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S.
In an earlier mail (<[🔎] 484EF5D7.5000209@gmx.de>) you offered help with the
installer. In my first mail to this thread I mentioned that such help
would be very welcome (<[🔎] 200806110037.49543.elendil@planet.nl>). If you're
serious about that, it would be great if you could introduce yourself to
the D-I team on the debian-boot mailing list. But if you want to know a
bit more first we can also discuss that first, either here (new thread)
or privately. I'm happy to leave the choice and initiative up to you.