Re: kde4libs vs qt4

On Friday 06 June 2008, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Sune Vuorela <Sune@vuorela.dk> wrote:
> > Paer.debian.org is currently locked down, so there is not much I can do
> > about it myself.
>
> Just for the records, your access to the ESIEE cluster is just a
> matter of sending me a non-compromised ssh key ;)
>
> HTH

I now hacked a bit and got stuff working on one of those cluster machines.
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-kde/trunk/packages/qt4-
x11/debian/patches/72_generic_arch_atomic_header_fix.diff?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

This isn't the "real solution" though.

Qt4 has arch specific code for most archs (and a "generic" arch mostly used
for bootstrapping of Qt), but no arch for linux/hppa, so we use the "generic"
arch here.

The real solution involves some hppa assembler (which is way out of my
league). There is a patch in the package by lamont about patching the hpux
code, but I couldn't get taht to work with my quick tests.

To be inspired on what is needed, looking at other archs could be a
inspiration:
qt4-x11-4.4.0$ find . | grep s390
./src/corelib/arch/s390
./src/corelib/arch/s390/arch.pri
./src/corelib/arch/qatomic_s390.h
./include/QtCore/qatomic_s390.h
./include/Qt/qatomic_s390.h

qt4-x11-4.4.0$ find . | grep parisc
./src/corelib/arch/parisc
./src/corelib/arch/parisc/q_ldcw.s
./src/corelib/arch/parisc/qatomic_parisc.cpp
./src/corelib/arch/parisc/arch.pri
./src/corelib/arch/qatomic_parisc.h
./include/QtCore/qatomic_parisc.h
./include/Qt/qatomic_parisc.h

And please use arch "hppa" as a name, as parisc here means hpux. Qt upstream
(trolltech) describes linux/hppa as "community suppported", which means that
they aren't really interested, but might accept patches.

/Sune
--
Genius, I cannot ping a cable, how does it work?

First you can never click a kernel in order to overclock the software.