Re: developer accessible machines

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 03:29:29PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 08:13:08PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:

> > > There are machines available to whoever makes a (valid) request to
> > > access them. See http://www.parisc-linux.org/cluster.html
> >
> > Do (some of) these machines have the necessary tools for DDs to do their
> > work (i.e. debian toolchain and possibility to install build
> > dependencies) ?
>
> They are not part of the debian security/login infrastructure.
> They are intended for kernel developers use but are currently
> under utilized. I don't mind a few people applying for access.
> But I have no intention of supporting every DD out there.
>
> My expectation is the vast majority of DD's can use the couple
> of machines HP has donated and (I think) Lamont has setup for
> debian.org.

Well, right now, the vast majority of DD's can use nothing because of
the reasons invoked in my first message...

Now, the hidden question in my previous message was who shall i contact
for such an access. Considering there are several test rings, which one
is more appropriate for debian work ?

Mike

PS: FWIW, I need to debug the xptcstubs in the xulrunner package.