Re: developer accessible machines

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 08:13:08PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 03:07:44AM +0200, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> > On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  Are there plans to make hppa machines available to developers in the
> > >  near future ? The current ones (paer, penalosa, peri, and sarti) are
> > >  either dead (sarti), restricted (penalosa and peri), or locked down
> > >  (paer)... That doesn't help maintainers to smoothly deal with hppa
> > >  specific bugs.
> >
> > There are machines available to whoever makes a (valid) request to
> > access them. See http://www.parisc-linux.org/cluster.html
>
> Do (some of) these machines have the necessary tools for DDs to do their
> work (i.e. debian toolchain and possibility to install build
> dependencies) ?

They are not part of the debian security/login infrastructure.
They are intended for kernel developers use but are currently
under utilized. I don't mind a few people applying for access.
But I have no intention of supporting every DD out there.

My expectation is the vast majority of DD's can use the couple
of machines HP has donated and (I think) Lamont has setup for
debian.org.

hth,
grant