Re: still questions about J6700 - fancontrol, heat, graphics..

On 2/19/07, kmaziz <kmaziz@gmail.com> wrote:
I did as Kyle said, updated the pciids, and now i have Visualize FX, still
not FX10Pro.. doesnt matter anyway..

I changed the fan configuration from "rack mount" to workstation, i got less
sound (but still not enough to work without headache).. which leads to
another worry.. it gets hot - is it 'OK' to make it work as regular server
without worrying about burning some? or should I turn it off sometimes?

If you're running a recent enough kernel, you can look into
/proc/chassis (as root), as long as everything is "OK" in there, you
should be fine...

These machines don't really fear (a little) heat, fwiw.

HTH

--
Thibaut VARENE
http://www.parisc-linux.org/~varenet/