A mistake buying J6700?

I'm thinking if I made a mistake buying this computer..

I think it was cheap.. (700USD == 10gb ram, 2x 73gb fwscsi .. ) I thought it would be much better, stronger than regular pc's hence to the double risc processors and amount of ram. But if I even cannot use the box as server, I think I made a mistake. And since i can't find HPUX anywhere for free.. And If I did, I could not use it regularly because of the loud noise from the fan.

I thought it was much stronger, reliable than regular pc's .. isnt it? How much stronger is the double RISC processors, for instance against intels core duo?

What could I use it for to take advantage of the power in linux? Is there any way to find latest HP-UX on the net?

regards