Re: Installing on a HP 9000 D 280 (was: Hello)

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 02:41, John Doe wrote:
> I tried etch from daily built images this morning and the problem was
> the same. Maybe waiting for your fix solves it, i hope.

No, it won't fix any problem you are seeing _during_ the installation.

I guess you are installing over serial console? In that case I suggest you
try using the "network-console" component of the installer (see the
installation guide). That will allow you to run the installation over ssh
(after the network has been set up) and run a second ssh session with a
debugging shell.

Using the shell you can check:
- if the system is hanging completely or just the installer
- what processes are running (using ps)
- the output of dmesg and the contents of /var/log/syslog
- what modules are already loaded

Stay with the daily built images as that is the only version for which we
currently can try to fix any problems.

You should also take a look at the "Save debug logs" option in the
installer's main menu.

Cheers,
FJP