Re: Installing on a HP 9000 D 280 (was: Hello)

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 01:52, John Doe wrote:
> I am trying to install from iso image
> debian-31r4-hppa-businesscard.iso and it hangs when trying to load
> Zolan7xx device driver around 89% of .

Most likely a kernel or a memory issue. Have you tried installing Etch
instead? This may solve the problem as it uses a much more recent kernel.

You can get an image from [1]. I'd suggest using a "daily built image".
Please wait a day before downloading it as I've just uploaded a fix for a
problem loading the zalon7xx (and the lasi700) module when the system is
rebooted after the installation.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/