Re: fakeroot segv on buildd

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 09:44:03AM -0400, Neil Roeth wrote:
> /usr/bin/fakeroot: line 152: 17587 Segmentation fault      FAKEROOTKEY=$FAKEROOTKEY LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PATHS" LD_PRELOAD="$LIB" "$@"
> I had just logged onto paer.debian.org and built the package there, because
> the point of this upload was to fix a prior FTBFS on hppa, so I know it does
> build on hppa.  Can someone look into this and kick off another build when the
> fakeroot problem is fixed?  Please CC me on replies, I am not subscribed to
> this list.

I wouldn't be certain this is a fakeroot bug.
If it's reproducible, then likely it is.
Can you try it again?

It's possible this segfault is due to D-/I-cache flushing issue that parisc
team hasn't been able to sort out (yet).
Notably with "fork()" calls.

It's most obvious on pa8800 boxes but we see it on faster PA8700/8600
boxes as well - just less often (and yes, that's a clue too).

Can you try it again?

hth,
grant