Re: rp7410 and 32/64bits kernel

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 01:36:55PM +0200, SteX wrote:
> How can it be possible that a 32bits kernel image works fine on 64bits arch?

For Debian Installer images,

To build on what willy said, if you use palo and tell it to boot the 64
bit image contained in the lifimage, you will get a 64-bit kernel
installed throughout. During the final stage of installation, the kernel
is installed based on the value of uname -m, (ie: hppa64 gets a 64-bit
kernel, hppa gets a 32-bit kernel).

> it should work pretty fine, even if the installation is via console.
> Do you know if an old s3 number nine video card is supported on C3000.

I honestly doubt it, but you could give it a try none-the-less. Only
graphics cards which do not require initialization by a PC BIOS
would work, as I do not believe the x86 emulator in X is working.

--
Kyle McMartin