RE: rp7410 and 32/64bits kernel

Hi all,
yesterday I tested another installation on my C3000: I was surprised that
the installation kernel was 32bits and worked. After I figured it out, I
tested an available 64bits image.
How can it be possible that a 32bits kernel image works fine on 64bits arch?

>That said it's a system which require a 64bits kernel but which doesn't
accept
>smp (a pb with its mmu $) )
>So only a up 64bits kernel can boot this system
>
>> I am trying to install debian in this machine and its not working.
>>
>May be could you retry with a recent netinstall iso d-i (debian install):
>generally it is recommended to try the new sarge debian-install netinstall-cd
>available at:
><http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/hppa/current/sarge-hppa-netinst.iso>

it should work pretty fine, even if the installation is via console.
Do you know if an old s3 number nine video card is supported on C3000.

Thanks

SteX
--
http://www.openlabs.it/~stex