RE: rp7410

Hello,

> Anybody have experience in HP`s  risk machine RP7410 and Debian Linux,
> please help me.

umm yes a bit but not with its install (in fact I installed an externel boot
disk on a b180 ;)

That said it's a system which require a 64bits kernel but which doesn't accept
smp (a pb with its mmu $) )
So only a up 64bits kernel can boot this system

> I am trying to install debian in this machine and its not working.

May be could you retry with a recent netinstall iso d-i (debian install):
generally it is recommended to try the new sarge debian-install netinstall-cd
available at:
<http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/hppa/current/sarge-hppa-netinst.iso>

or the previous netinstall cd:
<http://www.pateam.org/cd-images/testing/>

taking care of previous advises in the choice of your kernel ;)

<
> after starting from the cd its stopping.

Please also read parisc-linux faq: <http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/kernelbug-howto.html>

That give at least a good overview of the relevant information to suplly
to get more accurate help :)

hth,
    Joel

NEW: Tiscali ADSL LIGHT, 28,95 EUR/mois, c'est le moment de faire le pas!
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr