Re: Graphics mode on my C3000 - still no joy

On Sunday 27 June 2004 20:46, Joel Soete wrote:
> >On reboot, I get the same error as before. A dialog box asking if I wanted
> >to see what was wrong with the X configuration and I said "Yes".

Hmm, I never had such a dialog box, so no idea here.

> umm that  said is that your fb0 point well to your EG/PCI card? I mean
> at the PDC prompt which "Console path:" is it shown?
>
> Or, Helge, is that better to use another fb (eg fb1) ?

No, you should cat /proc/fb which should give you "0 stifb".
So, /dev/fb0 is your device.
And, /dev/fb0 should look like:
pa64:~# ls -la /dev/fb0
crw-rw----    1 root     video     29,   0 Jun 27 22:02 /dev/fb0

> Please send us your dmesg and /var/log/XFree86.0.log

Yes, please.

Helge