Re: [parisc-linux] no login with 2.6 kernel and Mozilla probs on 712/60

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 06:49:11AM +0000, Kenneth Westelinck wrote:
> I did an apt-get of the latest 2.6.6 kernel on my Woody system using:
> apt-get install palinux-712-defconfig-2.6.1-pa3
>
> The kernel boots fine, but I can't logon, because apparently I lost
> keyboard. This is probably due to the fact that I'm running Woody, instead
> of Testing or Unstable. I was wondering which is the best option to upgrade
> to. Is it better to use Testing or do I need Unstable.
>
> The reason I was upgrading to 2.6 is because Mozilla (and Galeon) were
> segfaulting on my older 2.4.20 kernel.  Are there any people on the list
> successfully running Mozilla on Woody?

There are a couple of issues here:

a.      My 712/100 no longer has a functioning PS/2 keyboard in 2.6

b.      No Mozilla port for hppa exists. You can't run mozilla under
        hppa.

I will work on fixing 'a' this weekend. The latter 'b' is much more
difficult, and even with Randolphs help with libffi debianization of
mozilla, we still don't have a running mozilla. I started some work on
this but got sidetracked.

The first will surely get fixed, because I want my 712/100 to work.
I'll see if I can get someone else to verify the problem.

c.