RE: no login with 2.6 kernel and Mozilla probs on 712/60

Hi,

>I did an apt-get of the latest 2.6.6 kernel on my Woody system using:
>apt-get install palinux-712-defconfig-2.6.1-pa3
>
>The kernel boots fine, but I can't logon, because apparently I lost
>keyboard. This is probably due to the fact that I'm running Woody, instead
>of Testing or Unstable. I was wondering which is the best option to upgrade
>to. Is it better to use Testing or do I need Unstable.

have a look in the /boot/config-xxx to find the HIL support whether you
use an HIL kbd and mouse. As far as I know HIL is supported from the 2.4x
kernel for about 2 years, so it sounds strange.
If you use a common PS2 kbd have a look in the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to
see if the kbd is correctly set.
There is no need to use unstable instead of testing!

>The reason I was upgrading to 2.6 is because Mozilla (and Galeon) were

>segfaulting on my older 2.4.20 kernel.  Are there any people on the list
>successfully running Mozilla on Woody?

Why didn't you use a 2.4.24 or 2.4.26 kernel, which is good for almost all
the *old* or *not pretty recent* ws with supported graphics card?

Regards

SteX