Re: Problem during the reboot phase (netinst mage 2004-05-16)

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 01:19:41PM +0000, Joel Soete wrote:
Hi Joel,
well I found the solution!

> >Partition Start(MB) End(MB) Id Type
> >1               1      33   f0 Palo
> >2              34     157   83 ext2
> >5             158     818   83 ext2
> >6             819    1910   83 ext2
> >7            1911    2005   82 swap
> >
> >PALO(F0) partition contains:
> >   0/vmlinux64 6666431 bytes @ 0x48000
> >
> Excuse me but I don't have enough time experiment new d-i (so I have no
> clue of default partitioning), but I recently work on palo-1.5 and it
> seems that in fact palo don't find '/boot/vmlinux'; it could be because:
>    - it is not install at all
>    - it doesn't stand at the expected place (ie into /boot).
>
> In the first case just reboot in interactive mode and choose to boot on
> '0/vmlinux64' and try to re-install the kernel you want.
Here it is! to change the boot command in order to make the system boot
from PALO partition and not from /boot/...
So the final string (interact with IPL) must be

0/vmlinux64 root=/dev/md2 HOME=/ console=ttyS0 TERM=vt100

the vt102 terminal get my console *dirty* of character, therefore I prefer
vt100 with seem a little bit *cleaner*.
In the syslog of the installer i found:
root=/dev/ram init=/linuxrc console=ttyS0 TERM=vt100 palo_kernel=0/vmlinux64

Unfortunately I found:
May 16 11:51:20 (none) syslog.warn klogd: iosapic: hpa not registered for
Hewlett-Packard Company Visualize FX4
May 16 11:51:20 (none) syslog.warn klogd: stifb: Unsupported gfx card id
0x2fc1066b

It is a pity that the graph card is not supported. However i found a
document, in the hp site if I remember well, about how to recompile OpenGL
drivers for hp workstation. Do you know if it is possible also under
debian?

Thank you so much for your enlightening help

Regards

Stex

> PS: if you need more info on howto boot in interactive mode, please have
> a look at Grant's mail:
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2004/05/msg00048.html>
Very interesting document!
--