Re: Debian installer hangs

That pateam iso worked like a charm I have debian installed. Thanks a
bunch. Should I still send something to the debian-installer guys to let
them know I had trouble?

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 13:30, Joel Soete wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> A year ago I installed a C110 with debian-30r0-hppa-binary-1_NONUS.iso
> without pb with serial console.
>
> Which cd-image did you use?
>
> It's frequently recommanded to try either the last d-i netinstall iso or
> netinstall iso of ESIEE Team (http://www.pateam.org/cd-images/testing/)
> using serial console for the install (then runing with sti fb)
>
> hth,
>     Joel
>

> L. A. Linden Levy wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am very new to hppa, I just found one lying around (c180) and I
> >decided to try and install debian on it. I installed a SCSI cdrom drive
> >and booted to the 08-26-04 version of the debian-installer net install
> >cd. Things went well at first (albeit slow), I chose my language and
> >partitioned the drive the network came up and everything.  After that
> >the installer starts to copy over things like apt-utils etc. During this
> >process my install hangs at 9% when copying the file console-data*.deb
> >to the /target/var/cache/apt/archives directory. I have tried to
> >different cd's and I have verified the md5sum of the image before
> >burning. The only thing I can think is that there might be something
> >wrong with the cdrom drive. So I also tried another cd-rom drive and had
> >the same problem.I even switched to the second console and was able to
> >kill the parent process of the cp process and it led me back to the
> >debian install menu. I selected install base system and it hung again at
> >the same place. When i do ps on the 2nd console it now shows to cp
> >processes just sitting there. I also made sure that i was able to create
> >a file in the directory which I was. So I am all out of ideas and asking
> >for your help...Thanks in advance.
> >
> >Alex

Loren A. Linden Levy
481 Loomis, Department of Physics
1110 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801-3080
Tel:   217-244-7995   Fax: 217-333-1215
Email: lindenle@uiuc.edu
url:   http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~lindenle/

"I see great things in baseball.  It's our
game - the American game. It [baseball] will
take our people out-of-doors, fill them with
oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism.
Tend to relieve us from being a nervous,
dyspeptic set. Repair these losses, and be a
blessing to us."

    --Walt Whitman