Graphics mode on my C3000

Hi,

	I have installed Debian hppa on my C3000. I had to use a serial console to
do it. I installed X with tasksel. When I change back to graphics mode (pa
con GRAPHICS(2)), the system boots, and at the end when it tries to go into
X ("Starting X display manager: xdm."), the screen flashes 3 times and the
system dies. I've seen comments from several people that they got their
C3000 going. I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get my console into
graphics mode. Also, if I special instructions in palo.conf to get the usb
keyboard and the usb mouse going, I would appreciate a pointer on what I
should put in. Interestingly, when you go into ipl on boot, it says
"console=tty0" (I was expecting "console=GRAPHICS(2)" ... tried change to
this, but it didn't help).

Thanks,

Harry