root fs corrupted: is it possible to check pkg file integrity?

Hi all,

Looking for a pb with kernel-2.6.5-pa5, after severall hang, panic, ... my root fs was corrupted. After a fsck i found some garbage into some init files as ppp, nfs-common and halt. I would so now come back to an operational kernel and check the integrity of pakage's files installed on my system (a debian sid). I read quickly man page of dpkg but do not find any option allowing such possibility.

Any better idea then re-install from scratch?

Thanks in advance for help,
   Joel