Re: A180C Freeze at Rescue Floppy

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 05:46  PM, Grant Grundler wrote:

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 01:06:21PM -0500, David Douthitt wrote:

Best is to use the CD to boot, but then point the install process
at a debian mirror to get everything else.

That is, in fact, what I did. Now it comes up and gives me this error message:

  Booting...
  Boot IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 144

  IPL error: bad LIF magic

  Error Reading IPL

I now have HPPA-Linux installed on TWO disks and both react this way. The second disk had a valid LIF volume on it to start with, and I vgreduced and vgremoved it from the current HP-UX install, but that didn't help.

The first try (disk) is on an external SCSI bus attached to a Smart Enclosure.

What's the best way to corrolate the /dev/sd* devices to HP hardware addresses?

Isn't there a shell prompt available during the login process?

I'm bound and determined to make this work :-)