Re: 712 keyboard hung up at install

> but could you possibly keep out any ironic moods out
> of this, jacek?

If you talk about my post to Richard, I badly
expressed my feelings (I forgot to insert the BAD
ENGLISH DISCLAIMER ...) ; I was, and I am, _really
happy_ beceause, thanks to Richard, for the first time
I got something from hppa linux. And once the first
contact established it's easier to progress.

> and by the way:
>
> i own a 712 myself and it really works when setting
> it to serial console
> and installing debian via serial nullmodem cable on
> it.and yes, i am also aware of problems with hung
> keyboards in the past.
> but i can just tell you what you already know,
> that sometimes it just doesn`t work for any reason
> :-(
>
> but as you may see, everybody does it their way.
> some like it hard and lasting.
> some like it easy and straightforward.
>
> why don`t you just invest a bunch of euros for such
> a cheap cable that you
> can always use again and again when setting up your
> next headless box :-)
> think of it but don`t feel punished or mistreated

There are really no personal problem there.

I post here the questions and I get the responses. I
was a little desespered beceause it was seeming I am
really different and I tried to understand why.

I try to work in the manner I know well. I prefer with
tty0 beceause I find it easier. If it is impossible, I
will work with serial. But maybe for one or two lines
changed in start scripts I could work as I like...

> PS: did you try plugging in the ps2 mouse in the
> mouse port or if it was
> plugged, pulling it out? (just an idea)

I did it with kbd without results

Thanks,