From: Andrew Shugg [mailto:andrew@neep.com.au]
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 8:54 PM
To: debian-hppa@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Problem installing MySQL-Server; dpkg not helpful

Michael Heller said:
> Andrew, thanks.
>
> I've run "sh -vx /var/lib/dpkg/info/mysql-server.postinst configure" as
root
> and it basically finishes with no errors. Great!  Unfortunately "dpkg -s
> mysql-server" doesn't recognize that the package is fully configured.  Do
> you think this will cause problems down the road?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

It's unlikely to cause a problem.  Next time you do an 'apt-get install'
of something, any packages already installed on the system that are
marked as unconfigured will get hit with 'dpkg --configure' as part of
the installation process.

You can manually invoke dpkg now to re-run the mysql-server postinst
script with 'dpkg --configure --pending'.  It will probably succeed and
mark the package as being fully installed and configured.

If you're interested in tracking down the original problem, you might
like to remove mysql-server with 'dpkg --purge mysql-server' and try
installing it again to see what happens.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."