Re: hpux binary emulation

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 12:42:27PM +0000, Frank Mattes wrote:
> I'm wondering now if anyone has expirience with the hpux binary
> emulation under hppa linux. To my understanding linux should be able
> to execute binaries for hpux.

Yes, but very few people have tried and we are certain it won't
work for everything.

> How do I have to set up my system, which libraries are necessary, or
> can I mount a hfs disk under linux ?

You need to redirect the dynamic linker to only grab HPUX libs.
(hint: read "man ld.so")

All hpux libs will be needed that are dynamically linked.

yes, use "ufs" when specify the FS type.
IIRC, parisc-linux does NOT support HPUX LVM for partition type.
You might have to copy your '/' to a "whole disk" under HPUX
and then try to access that from parisc-linux.

grant