Linux on IBM AS/400

sorry for the second post, i forgot one thing:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/ states that it is
possible to install linux powerpc in a LPAR (logical partition, something
like vmware, a guest operation system is encapsulated in the main
operating system, used on AS/400 and OS/390 hosts), but i am afraid that
your machine may be too old to be supported or that you will not get the
necessary software without spending a fortune on bribing an IBM sales guy
for giving it to you ...
anyway, good luck and happy holidays ;-)