Re: what to do with hppa?

> Now Debian unstable is running on my HP (Model 712/60).
> But what to do with it. I could use it just as another workstation for
> my network, but I would like to use it for developing. Is there a
> TODO-list for the hppa project? The installation was nearly perfect, so
> I had no problems with hppa for now. Or is there a list of packages not
> running on hppa? would be nice if s.o. could give me some stuff to use
> the 712/60 for ;)

There is much to do... depends on your interest:
- 2.5 kernel work (check out the parisc-linux mailing list)
- hppa toolchain, especially binutils and gdb
- porting more packages to hppa. a lot of packages still need work for
  C++, etc (http://auric.debian.org/~tausq/buildd/hppa-latest.html has a
  list of packages that don't yet build for various reasons)

for installer work, debian-installer probably doesn't work on hppa yet,
so you can look at that as well.

have fun :-)
randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports